The United Nations Association - UK (UNA-UK) is the UK's leading source of independent information and analysis on the UN, and a UK-wide grassroots movement.
UNA-UK believes that effective international institutions and systems are essential if we are to build a safer, fairer and more sustainable world. We advocate support for UN programmes that further this objective, and seek to build public knowledge of, and participation in, its initiatives.
We pursue this mission by:
- Connecting people to the work and values of the UN
- Influencing decision-makers and opinion-shapers to support UN goals
- Explaining how the UN works and what it can realistically achieve
- Stimulating debate and action on how to make the UN more effective
- Equipping our members and supporters to further all of these aims
UNA-UK has a network of members and supporters, and autonomous local, school and university branches throughout the UK.
The charity’s objects are as follows:
- The prevention and relief of poverty, hunger and distress and the relief of those in need by reason of youth, age, ill-health, disability, financial hardship or other disadvantage
- The advancement of human rights, conflict resolution and reconciliation and the promotion of religious or racial harmony or equality and diversity
- The raising of awareness of human rights issues and securing the enforcement of human rights law
- The advancement of the study of and research into international problems and institutions with a view to the education of the public and the dissemination of the results of such study and research for the purpose of assisting such relief as aforesaid
- The advancement of environmental protection improvement and sustainable development
- The promotion of volunteering and good citizenship
- The support for the work of the United Nations or of any of its related associate agencies insofar as such work promotes the objects mentioned above.
View UNA-UK's Articles of Association
View the Rules of United Nations Association
View UNA-UK Strategic Plan - 2021-2024
View UNA-UK’s policy-making processes, which relate to how the organisation sets strategic and operational objectives for its main policy areas: Global Leadership, Global Solutions and Global Citizens.
View our former:
View the Finance and Governance Committee Terms of Reference