UNA-UK has launched a new report 'Sustainable Development Goals: Transforming our World'. The publication investigates the implimentation of the UN's Sustainable Development Goals, and its stated ambition of leaving no one behind.
“We have just 11 years to keep the promises we made through the 2030 Agenda. We have just 11 years to avoid the worst impacts of climate change. The six days from 23 to 28 September 2019 must put us on the right track.” – UN President of the General Assemby María Fernanda Espinosa
With a foreword from President of the General Assemby María Fernanda Espinosa, this report is the sixth in a series of UNA-UK publications on the post-2015 development agenda. This report looks at where the Goals are working, who is at risk of being left behind, and equips policy-makers, practitioners and interested observers with insights on how to ensure that the Goals reach everybody.
The report, produced in collaboration with Witan Media, contains analysis and recommendations from 36 expert contributors, including:
- Achim Steiner, Administrator, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- Henrietta Fore, Executive Director, UNICEF
- Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka, Executive Director, UN Women
- Michelle Bachelet, High Commissioner for Human Rights
- Mukhisa Kituyi, Secretary-General, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD)
- Devi Sridhar, Director, Global Health Governance Programme, University of Edinburgh
- Mark Lowcock, UN Emergency Relief Coordinator
- Hu Yuan Qiong, Legal and Policy Advisor, Médecins Sans Frontières
- Ellen MacArthur, Yachtsperson, Founder, The Ellen MacArthur Foundation
- Lysa John, Secretary General, CIVICUS
You can read the introduction by UNA-UK's Editor, Fred Carver, by clicking here
For more information or to request a hardcopy, please email email@example.com