UNA-UK has launched a new report 'Sustainable Development Goals: Building back better'. The publication investigates the implimentation of the UN's Sustainable Development Goals, and its stated ambition of leaving no one behind.
“The SDGs are a call for unity, for international cooperation, for partnerships and solidarity. They will guide us to rebuild a more resilient, sustainable, equitable and inclusive future.” – UN Deputy Secretary-General, Amina J. Mohammed
With an introduction from Deputy Secretary-General Amina J. Mohammed, this report is the seventh in a series of UNA-UK publications on the post-2015 development agenda. This report looks at the myraid ways Covid-19 has impacted progress across the 17 SDGs, offering comprehensive recommendations not only for how to recover from this crisis, but how we build back better and ensure the targets of the 2030 Agenda are met.
The report, produced in collaboration with Witan Media, contains analysis and recommendations from 36 expert contributors, including:
- Ban Ki-moon, former UN Secretary-General
- Damilola Ogunbiyi, CEO of Sustainable Energy for All
- Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka, Executive Director, UN Women
- Inger Andersen, Executive Director UN Environment Programme (UNEP)
- Mukhisa Kituyi, Secretary-General, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD)
- Raj S. Bhopal, Emeritus of Professor Public Health, University of Edinburgh
- Mark Carney, UN Special Envoy for Climate Action and Finance
- Stefania Giannini, Assistant Director-General for Education, UNESCO
- Richard Gowan, UN Director, International Crisis Group
- Karen Kornbluh, Director, Digital Innovation and Democracy Initiative, The German Marshall Fund
- Natalia Kanem, Executive Director, United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
- Danny Sriskandarajah, Chief Executive, Oxfam GB
- Lena Simet, Senior Researcher and Advocate on Poverty and Inequality, Human Rights Watch
You can read the introduction by UNA-UK's Editor, Fred Carver, by clicking here
For more information or to request a hardcopy, please contact Enyseh Teimory on firstname.lastname@example.org.