The UNA Youth Council represents, inputs into and oversees the activities of UNA Youth.
Two positions on the Youth Council – President and Vice President – are elected annually. Any member can stand for election and any member or supporter can vote.
Helping UNA-UK widen and strenghten this network of over 50 branches spread across the country is an exciting task and looks great on your cv. Both roles require a significant time commitment so do read the role description carefully before nominating yourself.
· Leading the Youth Council, acting as its main representative and contact point for UNA-UK staff, volunteers and interns in the UK and abroad.
· Working with UNA-UK to input into events and projects for UNA Youth.
· Organising and chairing regular Youth Council meetings.
· Building relationships with external organisations by representing the Youth Council and UNA Youth at events.
· Be the UNA Youth representative on the UNA-UK Board of Trustees (this will involve four to five meetings in London over the course of the year)
· Assisting the President in his/her duties.
· Liaising with UNA-UK in the process of co-opting additional officers.
· Working with UNA-UK on UNA Youth’s events, campaigns and conferences.
· Co-ordinate campaign initiatives across UNA Youth branches
· Building relationships and maintaining contacts with UNA youth branches across the country and working with the UNA members.
- 24 April – nominations open
- 8 May (12 noon) – deadlines for nominations
- 13 May – nominations published, voting opens
- 22 May (12 noon) – voting closes
- 29 May - Announcement of results and UNA Youth Annual General Meeting at the youth event, Surviving Nuclear Zero