On Friday 3 June in London's Barbican Centre, António Guterres, Vuk Jeremić and Igor Lukšić tried to convince the public that they should get the UN's top job.
A video recording of this event - the first major public hustings between UN Secretary-General candidates in the UN's 70-year history - is available below.
- 7pm - Introduction - Natalie Samarasinghe, Executive Director, UNA-UK, and co-founder, 1 for 7 Billion
- 7.10pm - Debate, moderated by Mark Rice-Oxley Head of Special Projects, Guardian. The debate will incorporate questions from across the world, courtesy of Global Citizen and Avaaz.
- H.E. António Guterres, former UN High Commissioner for Refugees and former Prime Minister, Portugal
- H.E. Vuk Jeremić, Former President of the UN General Assembly and former Foreign Minister, Serbia
- H.E. Dr. Igor Lukšić, Former Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs and European Integration, Montenegro
Further information can be found here.
Photo: UN Secretary-General Candiate Hustings Debate at the Barbican Centre. Copyright UNA-UK