You are here:

Write to your MP

Published on


  1. Find out who your MP is by typing your postcode in at
  2. Find their contact details MPs at
  3. Get personal. Write a letter/email to your MP in your own words as this shows the strength of feeling you have about the issue. 
  4. Ask your MP to take action on your behalf in the following three ways:
    (1) by them writing a letter to the Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs
    (2) by them speaking to the Secretary of State in person
    (3) by them raising your concerns as oral and written questions in parliament.
  5. Don't forget to introduce yourself and include your full name and postal address in your correspondence.
  6. Ask your MP to keep in regular contact and to give you copies of any responses they receive.
  7. Once you've sent your letter/email, please do let us know at