- Find out who your MP is by typing your postcode in at www.theyworkforyou.com
- Find their contact details MPs at www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/mps/
- Get personal. Write a letter/email to your MP in your own words as this shows the strength of feeling you have about the issue.
- Ask your MP to take action on your behalf in the following three ways:
(1) by her/him writing a letter to the Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs
(2) by her/him speaking to the Secretary of State in person
(3) by her/him raising your concerns as oral and written questions in parliament.
- Don't forget to introduce yourself and include your full name and postal address in your correspondence.
- Ask your MP to keep in regular contact and to give you copies of any responses they receive.
- Once you've sent your letter/email, please do let us know at email@example.com