The United Nations Association – UK (UNA-UK) is the UK’s leading source of independent analysis on the UN and a grassroots membership organisation with a network of supporters and local groups across the UK. Our vision is of a safer, fairer and more sustainable world, which we pursue through the promotion of an effective United Nations. We work towards this goal by:
- explaining why the UN matters to key audiences in the UK and beyond
- influencing decision-makers and opinion-shapers in support of UN ideals
- generating a critical mass of public support for, and engagement with, the UN
- working with educators and young people to foster a new generation of UN advocates
- stimulating ideas and action on how the UN can operate more effectively and sustainably
The organisation is at an exciting stage as we embark on two campaigns – on UK foreign policy and on restoring faith in global governance – and look to streamline and focus our activities. The Communications Assistant will play a key role in moving forward these developments by providing high-quality media and online support across UNA-UK’s operations and activities.
There are currently no staff vacancies at UNA-UK.
UK Campaign to Stop Killer Robots Junior Fellowship Programme
Part-time fellowship opportunity commencing in July 2021
Deadline: 30 April 2021
The UK coalition for the Campaign to Stop Killer Robots is recruiting Junior Fellows to help its campaign work on university campuses.
We are looking for UK university students or recent graduates for the new Junior Fellowship Programme, which seeks to raise awareness of LAWS and encourage university departments to commit not participate in nor support the development, manufacture, trade, or use of lethal autonomous weapons.
The Fellows will contribute to the UK campaign’s work with universities and help build understanding of the relationship between university research and LAWS.