UNA-UK Chair - Board of Directors 2022
The United Nations Association – UK (UNA-UK) is the only charity in the UK devoted to building support for the UN amongst policymakers, opinion-formers and the public. UNA-UK is looking for an outstanding and inspiring individual to help this charity punch above its weight.
The past few years have seen our operating environment change drastically, with unprecedented global turmoil and domestic political volatility. We are proud to have risen to the challenge, with a dynamic team, significant campaign wins and a strong medium term financial position. As our current Chair completes the end of his term, we are looking for a new Chair to help us in a voluntary capacity as we seek to:
- Build on our excellent reputation and record of achievement
- Position ourselves as visionary organisation that embodies its values
- Stay ahead of the curve as we create our ‘new normal’
As we are yet to have a female chair in our 75 year history, we particularly welcome applications from women, as well as from ethnic minorities, LGBTQ+ and persons with disabilities.
- You will be passionate about the need for global cooperation and for institutions that are open, inclusive, accountable and effective
- You will have an excellent track record in many of the following areas:
- Furthering the values and objectives of the UN
- Political influencing and public service, ideally in the UK and internationally
- Building the profile of an NGO or similar organisation
- Fundraising and donor relationships
- Extensive networks in a variety of sectors
- A sound understanding of Director/Trustee responsibilities and governance
- Relationship management skills to ensure effective executive and board performance
You will lead the Board in providing strategic vision and guidance for UNA UK - helping to strengthen its impact, reach and profile and ensuring the Board fulfils its governance and fiduciary duties. You will work in partnership with the Chief Executive Officer and UNA UK's small but dynamic team of eight employees, helping them achieve the aims of the organisation and optimise the relationship between the Board, sub committees and staff.
The initial term of appointment will be one year from June 2022, with the possibility of reappointment for up to two terms of two years. This is a voluntary position.
Further information about the role can be downloaded from our website here.
To apply for the post please email your CV together with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org